January 24, 2013

Glamour Doll Eyes - Pick Your Poison collection: pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I thought I had already published this post, so I apologize for the delay (I guess Blogger dropped the ball and never published it). This is the Glamour Doll Eyes Pick Your Poison Collection, which I was very excited about. I've tried Glamour Doll Eyes in the past, and loved them, so I couldn't wait to try out more shades. The Pick Your Poison Collection seemed like a great mix of basic neutrals with the concept that they all had the same base (a deep taupe) with a duo chrome color shift. In the jars the colors looked beautiful and I was excited to get them swatched. I have to say, after swatching them I was less excited about the shades. Don't get me wrong, there are some pretty colors in the collection, but they swatched differently than I expected and I wasn't "in love" with all of them the way I was when I saw them in the jars. Still, it's a good collection and you may find you love all the colors! I really liked most of them, with Mushroom being my favorite. Check them out below and let me know what you think. What is your favorite shade from this collection?

Check out my pics, swatches, info, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

Glamour Doll Eyes
Pick Your Poison Collection
Shades: Bittersweet, Corrode, Feverish, Lethal, Malicious, Mushroom
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.










Glamour Doll Eyes Eyeshadow
Shade: Bittersweet
 







Glamour Doll Eyes Eyeshadow
Shade: Corrode
 







Glamour Doll Eyes Eyeshadow
Shade: Feverish
 







Glamour Doll Eyes Eyeshadow
Shade: Lethal
 







Glamour Doll Eyes Eyeshadow
Shade: Malicious
 








Glamour Doll Eyes Eyeshadow
Shade: Mushroom
 




Glamour Doll Eyes Pick your Poison Collection Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $24.00 (for 6 full sized jars; you save $12 if you buy the entire collection). Available on the Glamour Doll Eyes website. You can also purchase these shades individually for $6 each on their website, or samples for $1.25 each on their website
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

As I mentioned at the start of this blog post, I was very excited for this collection. I really like Glamour Doll Eyes shadows, and this collection looked like a home run to me. I was a little less excited about the shades when swatched -- especially when swatched dry (they looked much better swatched over primer or applied wet). All the shades in this collection are supposed to have the same neutral deep taupe base with a duo chrome effect. The duo-chrome effect isn't very strong with these in a sense they color shift; they just look different colors to me with a slight metallic sheen to most of them.

Still, I do find most of the shades pretty. The shade Mushroom is my favorite; it's a great everyday color that goes with a lot. The shade Bittersweet is a great everyday brown tone. Shades Lethal and Malicious look pretty similar on me, and both read purple on me even though Malicious is supposed to be more blue toned.

The two shades I wasn't a fan of were Corrode and Feverish. Corrode is a green shade that just doesn't work with me and I'm really not into greens; but if you like greens you may go crazy for that shade. Feverish was too red in tone for my liking and just didn't compliment me at all -- although it does read more on the brown side than the red side.

Overall, the collection is nice but I think I was a bit too excited about it so when the colors didn't swatch like I had thought I was a bit bummed out - but they're still good colors to use in everyday eye makeup looks. The same great Glamour Doll Eyes quality is there; they have a great texture, apply nicely, have good pigmentation on their own, and blend well.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this eyeshadow collection? Have you tried any of these shadows or would you like to? What shade is your favorite? Discuss in the comments below.

3 comments:

  1. I was planning to buy something from Glamour Doll at the end of this year(i am on a buying ban), but i will skip this collection, not impressed :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Faiza Qaiser: Definitely check out some of their other shades (you can check out my last Glamour Doll Eyes post). I like their products and shade selection, but this collection just wasn't a huge wow to me.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)