March 14, 2013

FOTD: Makeup for when you're tired & sick - pics, before & after, product list & steps

Hello, Beautiful!

Ever have those days where you're getting over a sickness, you're tired, and you need to go run errands? I've been having those days pretty often lately, as I've had back-to-back sicknesses over several weeks. I decided to show you all a FOTD inspired by that.

In the "before" photo -- which I'll warn you ahead of time, it's scary lol - you can see how sick and tired I look, including my messy, no shower hair. But the "after" photo shows a much more presentable option for running errands (and how powerful makeup can be). Believe me, I don't always put in that much effort when I feel sick and tired, but sometimes it makes me feel better to make myself look better. Does that make sense? I don't know, but it does for me.

A list of all products used is listed under the photos. If you have any questions just leave a comment or send an email. Enjoy!

FOTD: Simple & Sweet
For When You're Sick & Tired




PRODUCT LIST & STEPS:
If I've reviewed/showed a product on my blog from the list below, I'll link it so you can check out pics, swatches and a review.

FACE & CHEEKS
  • Erno Laszlo - Phormula 3-9 Repair Cream, all over my face as my moisturizer.
  • Mally - Perfect Prep Poreless Primer in Glow to areas where I don't use the next primer, smoothed onto my face with my fingers.
  • Benefit - The POREfessional Primer, only to areas where my pores are noticeable - I tap this into those areas.
  • MAC - Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC30, applied with the e.l.f. Studio Powder brush.
  • Tarte - Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in Medium, applied with the Jemma Kidd #10 brush.
  • YSL - Touche Eclat Highlighter in #2, applied after concealer in a triangle under the eyes and on bridge of the nose. I just use my finger to pat it in.
  • Benefit - Hoola, applied as my contour shade with the Sephora 133 Face Contour Brush.
  • Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12hr Blush in Fearless, applied with the Tarina Tarantino #12 Powder Brush.
  • The Balm - Mary-Lou Manizer, applied with a Too Faced brush (not sure what its called), as my highlighter on my cheekbones and bridge of the nose.
  • Tarte - Smooth Operator setting powder, applied with a fluffy Iman powder brush.
  • MAC - Fix+, sprayed all over face after all my face products are on, and after my brows are on.
  • MAC - Studio Fix Powder in NC30, applied with a fluffy Iman powder brush - applied lightly at the very, very end of everything (after all makeup and hair) just to add a finishing touch before I go out of the house and to bring with me in case I need touch-ups. 


BROWS


EYES
  • Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, tapped all over lid with my finger.
  • Urban Decay - Booty Call (from Naked 2 palette), applied all over lid with a Mirabella Flat Eyeshadow Brush.
  • Urban Decay - Tease (from Naked 2 palette), applied with the crease end of the included brush from the Naked 2 palette into the crease and outer v.
  • Urban Decay - Snakebite (from Naked 2 palette), applied with the same crease brush to the outer corner.
  • Urban Decay - Half Baked (from Naked 2 palette), applied with the flat end of the same brush to the center of the lid, and use the crease brush end to blend.
  • Tarina Tarantino - Sparkilicity Pure in Gold, applied from the inner corner and to the center of the lid, tapped on gently with a Tarina Tarantino #43 Pigment Brush. Spray MAC Fix+ on the brush first, then dip it into the  product and tap on to apply. Blend with the Mirabella Flat Eyeshadow Brush.
  • Milani - Powder Eyeshadow in 02 Pitch Black, applied with an Iman flat shadow brush, pushed into my upper lash line from outer corner inward, not going all the way into the center. Lightly blend it upward to soften that line.
  • Illuminare Cosmetics - Beyond Black Everlasting Eye Liner, applied to top lash line and lower waterline using the Sephora Pro #22 Angle Liner brush.
  • Mally - Volumizing Mascara and Mally - Instant Impact Mascara, one layer of each, applied to top and bottom lashes.


LIPS
  • Smashbox - Lip Enhancing Gloss in Adore Me from the Love Me collection.


HAIR
  • Spray Chi 44 Iron Guard onto hair to protect it from the heat, and brush through.
  • Separate hair with clips or claws, whatever you have on hand.
  • Curl your hair however you like. I used the Jilbere de Paris Nano Ceramic Silver turning curling iron. I believe it's 1" or 3/4" barrel, I'm really not sure. I don't really like to use clamp curling irons, but for this look I decided to use this one.
  • After you're done curling all your hair don't touch it. Let it fully cool, then spray it with hairspray. I used Blow Pro Blow Out Spray.
  • Then take a paddle brush and lightly comb out your curls, which will blend them all together and give you a softer look.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this is your sick day makeup? You are awesome, my sick day makeup is petroleum jelly on my lips, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Sarah: Haha, believe me, i don't put this much effort in on a sick day but sometimes I just need to make myself up to feel more normal again. But if i'm at home I'm lucky to use lip balm haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just wondering...what is your ethnicity, your eyes are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Marina: Thanks! I am hungarian and some other random stuff but mostly hungarian.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)