July 6, 2013

Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo - pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I really like the Amika brand; I love their Obliphica Oil Treatment, their Color pHerfection Shampoo and Hydrate Conditioner, and their Straight Up Smoothing Balm (which I'll be reviewing soon). In this post I'll share with you their Perk Up Dry Shampoo, which is from their Obliphica line of hair care products. This dry shampoo is available in two sizes - the larger 5.3 fl oz size and the smaller 1 fl oz size. I suggest trying the smaller size if you like to try before you invest. So what did I think of this dry shampoo.... read my full review and all the product info below after the pics!

Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo
  



Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $21.00 (5.3 fl oz full size) - or - $8.00 (1 fl oz travel size). Available on the Amika website - (click here for the travel size) - and at professional salons. Click here to find an authorized salon near you (you'll need to email Amika - on the same page it does list that Beyond The Rack is NOT an authorized dealer and that you should be careful of counterfeit Amika products).
My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Kisses

The Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo cleanses by absorbing excess oil and dirt that weighs down hair. The light-weight formula creates soft texture and removes odors to refresh hair between shampoos. Unlike other dry shampoos that use aluminium shavings, the Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo is enhanced with natural rice starch. Obliphica (Sea Buckthorn Berry) extract conditions hair leaving it soft and manageable. Free of talc. Safe for color treated hair.

Directions: Just shake the can before use, then hold 10 to 12 inches away from scalp and spray lightly for even coverage. Use fingertips to massage through hair and style as desired.

I love the smell of this - it smells just like the Obliphica Oil Treatment - so that is a nice bonus. The scent stays in your hair for a nice time so your hair smells nice after you use this. I do find it sprays out a bit off track - or maybe it's just the one I have - but it seems to spray at a higher angle than where I aim it, which is simple to work with (and probably just a fluke with mine).

What I do like is it doesn't make my brunette hair look white or gray; it seems invisible. It adds shine to my hair and does soak up most of the excess oil, but on some days - where my scalp seems to be really greasy - I don't find this to be all that effective on my hair, as the way it adds in shine makes my hair look greasier. But with that being said, on day 2 hair it works great but beyond that - for my hair - it doesn't work. Now keep in mind I have very fine, thin, hair and it gets oily by the end of the day, so most dry shampoos don't work for me past day 2 hair. Still, overall, I really like Amika products and do like this dry shampoo.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this dry shampoo? Have you tried this or is this on your wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

2 comments:

  1. I'd want to buy this just for the cute and colorful can. I for one use too much dry shampoo to ever buy one more than a few dollars. The $2.99 Suave Keratin Dry Shampoo is one of the best I've bought because it doesn't have a lot of scent and it really soaks up the oil. My favorite is the Batise Tropical, but again I use it up way too quick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ sunnydee130: I haven't tried the Sauve one yet because I heard it leaves a white cast in brunette hair -- do you have any issues with that? The best low-cost dry shampoo I've used so far is the Psssst! But so far, the one to work the best for me is the Unite brand.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)