July 12, 2013

Palladio Brow Pencil & Brow Powder in Brown - pics, before & after, swatches, reviews

Hello, Beautiful!

I have two Palladio brow products to share with you in this post. One of them I love, the other wasn't for me due to the red undertones. I loved the brow powder; it's highly pigmented and the brown shade was perfect for me. The brow pencil, however, had red undertones to the brown and didn't look natural on me. You can see the difference between the two browns in the swatch photo below showing both products. Check out my full review, all the product info, after each set of pics.

Palladio Brow Pencil & Brow Powder
Shade: Both in shade Brown
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual product.





Palladio Brow Pencil & Brow Powder
Shade: Brown






Palladio Brow Pencil Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $6.00 (0.04 oz full size). Available on the Palladio website, at Ulta, and everywhere else Palladio cosmetics are sold.
My Rating: 3 out of 5 Kisses

Create tiny, hair-like lines wherever brows need to be filled. Attached brush softens pencil strokes, giving brows a natural appearance.

Available in five shades: Blonde, Taupe, Auburn, Brown, Black

I have this in brown. This brow pencil applied okay; not the best but certainly not the worst. It's right on average with texture and application. The biggest issue for me was the color - which had too much red in it, so it looked unnatural in my brows -- it especially looks noticeable/unnatural in my before & after pics due to the studio light and camera close-up. In person it didn't look all that bad, just a little more red in color compared to the hair on my head. I did like the spooly on the opposite end of the brush, but this shade just won't work for me - so I may try Taupe in the future or I will just stick with the Palladio Brow Powder, which I love.




Palladio Brow Pencil & Brow Powder
Shade: Brown







Palladio Brow Powder Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $6.00 (0.08 oz full size). Available on the Palladio website, at Ulta, and everywhere else Palladio cosmetics are sold.
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses

Enhance and define brows easily with Palladio's soft and natural brow powders.

Available in three shades:
  • Taupe - best for blonde, light brown, or gray hair
  • Auburn - best for redheads
  • Brown - best for medium to dark brunettes
I have this in the shade Brown, which is perfect for me. There are no red undertones, which I know can happen with a lot of brown brow products, such as the Palladio Brown Pencil in Brown, but this is the perfect ashy shade of brown.

This is richly pigmented, so you won't need as much as you think. Looks natural -- I know in the before & after pics it's more noticeable but you have to remember that is under studio lights and at close-up; it truly does look natural in person.

It does last a good amount of time on my brows but is easy to rub off - but I don't go rubbing my brows so it's usually not an issue for me. It does come with a small angled brush, but I just use my own angled brush that I like to apply brow powders with. Then I take a spooly and comb through them. I don't always, but I like to set them with a clear brow gel - which I do find helps the product last longer.

For the price, this is a great deal! Especially if you get this at Ulta and use a coupon; this is an amazing drugstore brand brow powder that I'd recommend giving a try!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these two brow products? Have you tried either one of them out or would you like to? Do you prefer a brow pencil or a brow powder? Discuss in the comments below.

2 comments:

  1. I noticed the huge difference in red tones in the side by side swatch in the beginning. Then with your review picture for the pencil I said 'aww' but not like 'aww cute baby' but 'awww honey no', ha. We have very similar coloring skin and hair wise so I too look for no red in my brow products. My brow hair is basically jet black but looks the best with taupes and ashy browns. Love the powder brow, that got a 'yay!' The powder looks lovely and for $6 I'll probably end up buying it next time I'm at Ulta and add it to my pile. Thanks!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ sunnydee130: It looks way worse in photos (the red tone showing in my brows) than in person, because the studio lights show so much, but yes, really did not go well at all and sometimes red toned brow products can work for me - this one did not. The brow powder, however, is amazing -- especially for just $3! I have been using it a lot lately (have it on today) and really love how little I need to use to get the job done.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)