August 17, 2013

Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown - pics, swatches, before & after, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I have another brow product to share with you in this post; this is the Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil. I have it in the shade 001 Dark Brown, but of course there are other shades available. This affordable eyebrow pencil is a good option from the drugstore. Check out my full review, including all the product info, after the pics.

Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil
Shade: 001 Dark Brown







Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $3.99 (0.05 oz full size). Available at Target, Walmart, Ulta, and drugstores nationwide - and everywhere else Rimmel cosmetics are sold. Click here to find a retailer near you.
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

The Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil is used to enhance and refine the shape of your eyebrows. Use to fill in gaps or lengthen the arch of the eyebrow to create the desired brow look you like.

Available in a few shades; I know this pencil is getting harder to find but I think there are 3 to 4 shades available. I have the shade 001 Dark Brown, which is a good fit for my brows. It may be a little red undertoned, but it's not overly red. I can still get away with it in real life (I know in the before & after photo it's a bit more noticeable, but it will always be more noticeable in photos that are close-up and taken with my studio lighting).

It was easy to use and quickly filled in my brows. The only part I didn't like at all is the little comb that is on the cap. I think it's awful. I would much prefer a spooley to comb through the brows, which is what I use whenever I use this pencil (for the photo I used the comb on the cap). This is one brow pencil that I can get by with wearing on its own and no need for powder too. It can be applied with a slightly lighter hand to give a more natural look or a slightly harder hand for a more defined brow look.

For just $3.99 (or less, depending where you shop), this is one of the better drugstore brow products I've tried. It's not super long-wearing in terms of staying in place if you rub your brows, but it should make it through a normal day with no issues.

Overall, I think if you're looking for a budget brow product this is a great place to start; I would just recommend using a spooley to comb through the product.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this brow pencil? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

6 comments:

  1. I have it and I totally agree with your review. It's a great budget brow pencil :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. Thanks for sharing.
    ~BeautyHunter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using the Tarte eyebrow pencil and was just wondering which one I'll try next. I really like it but it's pricey. My eyebrows are damn near black though and a lot of the drugstore brands seem to run light or red, like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks really good!! I should pick one up! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good. I have to get one too!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)