October 23, 2013

Pacifica Smolder Eye Lining Gel in Anchor - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I've been a big fan of Pacifica body products, but I hadn't really tried their makeup until more recently -- although back in November 2011 I tried their Color Quench Natural Moisture Lip Tint in the shade Blood Orange, which I ended up really liking. I think back then that was their only "makeup" product. Now they offer a range of products, and I have a few I'll review on this blog - starting with their Smolder Eye Lining Gel in the shade Anchor.

Pacifica Smolder Eye Lining Gel
Shade: Anchor



 









Pacifica Smolder Eye Lining Gel Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $14.00 (0.07 oz full size). Available on the Pacifica website, and I know most Targets are carrying the Pacifica line, but the products they carry varies.
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

The Smolder Eye Lining Gel is not waxy or tacky but has a creamy finish that can be smudged or left sharp. The smooth application allows you to rock a natural to smoky dramatic look with long-lasting mineral color. Line the eyes effortlessly or use as an all-over creaseless shadow. Can be worn sheer or layered for more intensity. 100% vegan.

Available in three shades:
  • Anchor: bronzed brown
  • Midnight: deep navy
  • Tahitian Pearl: pearlized green/grey with gold dust

The shade I have, Anchor, is a pretty brown with golden shimmer - or as how they describe it, a bronzed brown. I wish they offered this in black, but there is just this bronze brown, a navy and a green/gray shade. I don't know if the other shades really appeal to me personally, well maybe the navy color, but I really would like to see a black - or even a shimmering black.

The formulation of this is very smooth and slick/creamy. It has nice pigmentation when swatched, and goes on with good pigmentation as an eyeliner. If you want to use it all over your lid, like a cream shadow or shadow base, it does go on slightly more sheer as you blend it out, but it can be layered to build up the intensity.

It's extremely easy to smudge and blend out because of the nice slip it has and the creaminess of the product. Really nice for creating a smoky/sultry eye look. Once it does dry/set it won't really budge and it doesn't crease on me, and the wear is pretty good.

The price point isn't too bad, but when you consider it's sold at Target the price point is a bit steep for a "drugstore" brand when you compare it to other products similar at the drugstore -- even though Pacifica used to sold at Sephora (not sure when or why they stopped carrying it).


I did like this product; it's one of the better makeup products from Pacifica that I've tried.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this eye liner/cream shadow? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)