December 18, 2013

Rouge Bunny Rouge Sweet Excesses Glassy Gloss in Rhubarb Custard - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

In this post I have another Rouge Bunny Rouge product to share with you. I recently reviewed their Devotion Ink Quartz Eyeliner in the shade Tiger Eye Essence (which I LOVE). In this post I will show you their Sweet Excesses Glassy Gloss, which I have in the shade Rhubarb Custard. This nude gloss has a cushiony formula and gives lips plenty of glossy shine. Check out my full review below, including all the product info, after the pics!

Rouge Bunny Rouge
Sweet Excesses Glassy Gloss
Shade: 078 Rhubarb Custard








 








Rouge Bunny Rouge Sweet Excesses Glassy Gloss Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $25.00 to $28.96 depending where you shop (0.254 fl oz full size). Available on the Rouge Bunny Rouge website (you can change your currency at the top left), and everywhere else Rouge Bunny Rouge is sold. Click here to find a retailer near you or online. For those of us in the USA, you can buy Rouge Bunny Rouge on the Beautyhabit website (it's listed as $25 on their website), on the Beauty Sage website, and on the Twisted Lily website -- but those websites don't sell all the items from the line.
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses

Think of a lusciously ripe fruit dipped in the shiniest of honeys. Your lips will be plumped to a mouth-watering fullness, and a lavish dream-star shine. Irresistible. Like a scrumptious dessert that cheers you to the bones just by inhaling it, these Glassey Glosses radiate spicy sweetness and utterly intoxicating decadence. All of these candy drops of color are heaped with exotic ingredients, and some abound with tiny pearlised particles to sparkle your lips with glittering bejewelled effects. People will gaze at you with shiny-eyed infatuation, longing that you will possibly get a little bit closer.

The new ultra glossy formula combines a non-sticky finish with intense moisturizing properties which have an immediate effect on dry skin. Rose Seed Extract smoothes away fine lines, rejuvenates and regains lost natural color and skin tone while Vitamin E works as an antioxidant.

Currently available in 9 shades, two of which are Last Chance shades - meaning they are discontinued. I have the shade Rhubarb Custard. I think the only other shade I would want to try is Cherry Clafoutis.

Below is a list of all shades and their descriptions (as listed as on the Rouge Bunny Rouge website).
  • Rhubarb Custard - semi-sheer coverage milky nude rosewood - irreplaceable my-lips-but-better color.
  • Cherry Clafoutis - gloss version of their 'Scrumptiously Devious' lipstick, sheer blue based cool pink with a warm golden opalescence.
  • Fleur Parfait - cushiony-soft semi-opaque mauve pink, with subtle silver highlights
  • Frappe Forever - cushiony-soft semi-sheer terracotta, frosted with silver pearls (this is a Last Chance color).
  • Jungle Fudge - cushiony-soft semi-sheer metallic finish cool copper, with a glint of silver pearls (this is a Last Chance color).
  • Mousse Fandango - dark tone of milky pink with barest whispers of grayish mauve and touch of silver micro pearls.
  • Rahat Lokum - pale milky pink with medium-heavy mother of pearl effect micro-shimmer.
  • Raspberry Meringue - pale pink with very soft mother of pearl micro-shimmer -- this shade doesn't yield a strong color, but is makes lips naturally pretty.
  • Trifle Rich - cushiony-soft semi-sheer iridescent rosewood, with finest pink and silver reflections.

This lipgloss goes on very smooth and feels cushiony on the lips. It is very shiny/glossy, giving your lips a more plumped appearance, but I don't feel like it actually plumps the lips. This gloss has a doe-foot applicator, which is one of my favorite applicators for glosses. It has a very light scent - which I had a hard time describing. On my notes I wrote down "minty? fruity?" - either way, the scent was very light and I didn't notice it once on my lips and it wasn't bothersome.

The shade I have, Rhubard Custard, is a gorgeous pinky nude shade that is semi-opaque on the lips. It does have have a milky quality to it, so if you have dry lips this shade in particular is going to look bad so be sure to scrub your lips and moisturize well if that is the case. This gloss also makes a great topper for lipsticks, chubby lip pencils, lip stains, and even other glosses. On me, this isn't really a "my-lips-but-better" shade, as it's just a bit too milky and light in tone compared to my natural lips, but it is a great everyday shade and great to pair with a darker/smokey eye.

This is a luxury beauty brand, so the price point of this gloss is right on target with the high-end and luxury line of beauty products. Plus, a shade like Rhubarb Custard is one that you could wear daily and over other glosses, meaning you'll get your money's worth if you end up wearing it and using it often.

Overall, I do like this gloss and think it feels great on the lips and it has a great formula. I do feel the color selection could use some improvement in terms of shade selection within this line of glosses, but they offer several other glosses with plenty of pretty shades! Definitely recommend checking out the Rouge Bunny Rouge line - I've been really impressed with their products!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this lip gloss? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)