January 7, 2014

Angelo David VOL Spray (volume spray) - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

As someone with very fine, thin hair, I need all the volumizing products I can get my hands on. In fact, I think that's my number one hair care product I always tend to try from any line. I recently got to try the Angelo David VOL Spray - which was called Premier Volume Spray, but has since been re-packaged/re-named to VOL Spray (my bottle still has the original name on it). As far as I know, they are the same formula just a new name. Check out my full review below, including all the product info, after the pics!

Angelo David VOL Spray
(formerly known as Premier Volume Spray)

 


Angelo David VOL Spray Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $18.50 (4 fl oz full size). Available exclusively at the Angelo David website and at Angelo David Salons. $1.00 from every product sold will go to www.lupus.org 
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

The Angelo David VOL Spray is a transformative volumizer that adds incredible fullness and volume to hair without creating stiffness. It has a flexible-conditioning formula, combining silk and wheat proteins, panthenol and avocado, for extra strength and hydration. Evening primrose enhances shine, while sun protectors keep color vibrant. For your fullest-looking hair ever!

To Use: Mist evenly onto freshly shampooed, towel-dried hair. Then lift sections and spray each one from roots to midshaft. Style as desired. Use on dry or second-day hair. For extra volume, "set" with your blow dryer, directing air flow all around.

As I mentioned at the top of this post, my hair needs volume... badly. I have tried so many volumizing products over the years, and I have a really hard time finding ones to work with my hair. A lot of times volumizing products won't work for me all that great, but seem to work wonders in my friends hair. I guess my hair just really hates volume.

This product comes in a bottle with a spray top, that sprays out easily and evenly. It has a light scent, but I can't really describe it well. I guess it's a fresh salon scent, if that makes any sense. The price point is on target for most salon-products, but I don't mind paying $18.50 if it's going to work wonders. Not sure if I would buy this at $18.50 just based on my results - but would be worth the try if I could get a sale.

This product, if you follow the directions of spraying sections from root to midshaft, then styling with a blow dryer, will work to give your hair volume. It's not going to make your hair look like you teased it, but there will be volume there that wasn't before. It will be a nice non-sticky finish too, which sometimes can be the problem with volumizing products.

I spray this maybe 2 to 4 times per section - each section about 2 to 3 inches, maybe. Then I just comb through and if I have the time, I'll blow dry section by section - but usually I just use the blow dryer to get my hair dry and not worry about doing it section by section. I get the best results when I do blow dry each section - but I still get nice results just applying heat to it.

However, it's important you use enough -- lifting and spraying each section - or you're not going to get results. If i'm in a rush sometimes I will just spray the top of my head with a volumizing spray and then quickly blow dry my hair, not even blowing it out with a brush. With some volumizing sprays I can still get some lift, but didn't really get that with this product with just spraying the top of my head just a few times (I think I use about 3 to 4 sprays when I did try it a few times that way). For the best results you really do need to follow directions and spray each section 2 to 4 times (depending on the length of your hair), then blow dry.You don't necessarily need to blow dry section by section, but applying heat on your hair is key I think in "activating" this product to full potential.

I have really hard to volumize hair, so for a volumizing product to work at all means it's probably going to work for a lot of other people too. Just make sure, if you do purchase this, that you follow directions to get great results - otherwise you may not see any results. Now that I've tried this product from Angelo David, I'm curious to try more from his line - such as the Foaming Sea Silk Styler and the VOL Shampoo & VOL Conditioner.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this volumizing spray? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)