January 15, 2014

Boots No. 7 - Stay Perfect Lipstick in Smooth Shiraz & Chinchilla - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I have two shades of lipsticks from Boots No. 7 to share with you in this post - these are their Stay Perfect Lipsticks. The two shades I have are Smooth Shiraz and Chinchilla. Even though these are the same lipstick formula, they went on completely different. Check out my full review below, including all the product info, after all the pics!

Boots No. 7 - Stay Perfect Lipstick
Shades: Smooth Shiraz, Chinchilla
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.






Boots No. 7 - Stay Perfect Lipstick
Shade: Smooth Shiraz







Boots No. 7 - Stay Perfect Lipstick
Shade: Chinchilla





Boots No. 7 Stay Perfect Lipstick Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $9.99 (0.1 oz full size). Available on the Boots website, at Target, at Walgreens, on the Drugstore.com website, and everywhere else Boots No. 7 cosmetics are sold.
My Rating: 3 out of 5 Kisses

Boots No. 7 Stay Perfect Lipstick will ensure your pout packs a punch! Available in 8 trendy shades, this long-lasting lip color has been designed to stay in place for up to 8 hours, giving an intense color-rich finish in just one coat.

The shade Smooth Shiraz looks like it's be a really pretty pink from how it looks in the tube, but I was disappointed with the way it looks on the lips. On the lips, even when swatched, it is more of a sheer pink with frost. It didn't apply evenly to the lips either, which you can see in the lip swatch.

On the other hand, the shade Chinchilla applied really nicely to the lips, and it also didn't match the color in the tube as it looks on the lips - which in the case of the shade Chinchilla is a good thing. So I'd say these lipsticks are sheer and lighter in tone than they look in the tube.

I liked the formula, but I wasn't blown away. The colors I think were the biggest issue for me -- they just weren't flattering. I'd probably like to try these in other colors and I wish they were cream finishes.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this product? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)