January 2, 2014

LCN Nail Polish - Homecoming Collection Trend Box - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I have another LCN Nail Polish Trend Box to share with you in this post - this is their Homecoming Collection. Just like all their polish trend boxes, this one comes with 4 polishes. The shades in this collection are perfect for fall/winter, although I will say the shades aren't terribly unique but the formula of LCN polishes is top notch. You can purchase the shades separately in case you are interested in just one or two from this collection. I really like LCN polishes. If you recall, back in October 2012 I posted a review on the LCN cube in Mystique Burlesque. Their formula goes on really nicely and they're long wearing too. Check out my full review on the Homecoming Collection, including all the product info, after the pics!

LCN Homecoming Collection Trend Box
Shades: 374 Chocolate Fudge, 375 Knitting Wool, 376 Home Sweet Home, 377 Berry Punch
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.













 

 

 

 
LCN Homecoming Collection Trend Box Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $24.90 for the Trend Box or $7.50 per polish, if purchase individually (8 ml/0.27 fl oz each polish). Available on the LCN website.
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

The winter season brings hot chocolate, cozy sweaters and of course, countless holiday get-togethers with loved ones -- the perfect Homecoming! This winter celebrate your homecoming with the new LCN Homecoming Trend Box.

LCN professional polish are high-performance lacquers that incorporate innovative nanotechnology to maximize and create unbeatable durability, strength and shine. And not only do their polishes perform, they're free of the "Big 5": free of DBP, toluene, formaldehyde, cetyl alcoho and camphor! LCN polish is a vegan polish that actually lasts, is soy-free and gluten-free!

Each trend box includes four shades, but you can purchase the shades separately. I'm not sure if the shades, if purchased separately, are the same size as the ones in the Trend Boxes. They appear to be the same size on the website, but I've only ever gotten the Trend Boxes. They are smaller bottles, but I don't really mind the size because I almost never finish an entire bottle of nail polish - especially with my large polish collection (which I am working on pairing down).

The shades in the Homecoming Collection Trend Box are described as:
  • Chocolate Fudge: A sinfully sweet chocolate shade of brown that resembles rich hot chocolate.
  • Knitting Wool: A creamy woolly white that provides a cozy feeling that is perfect for the winter.
  • Home Sweet Home: Luxurious dark blue nuance. 
  • Berry Punch: A deliciously appetizing, intensely shiny and metallically shimmery berry

There are three cream shades and one metallic/shimmer shade in this collection.
Cream: Chocolate Fudge, Knitting Wool, Home Sweet Home
Metallic/Shimmer: Berry Punch


Like I mentioned at the start of this post, the shades themselves aren't anything particularly unique, but they are pretty shades for this time of year and what I think are great staples to have in your polish collection. I love any white, cream, or ivory shades of polish in the winter because it reminds me of the snow - and white, cream and ivory shades make great bases for nail art - so the shade Knitting Wool is a great polish to have in this collection. The Chocolate Fudge shade is a really pretty brown - a true milk chocolate shade, even though it's not really captured by my camera - but I don't find myself wearing brown polish unless it's with other nail art on top - just straight brown on my nails isn't my favorite look (reminds me more of doo-doo than chocolate). The shade Home Sweet Home is a gorgeous navy blue that I could see myself using for sure - although, again, it's not very unique so I probably have a lot of other navy blue shades similar, if not exact. And finally, the shade Berry Punch is probably my favorite of the group - love this shade! It's the only non-cream shade out of the collection and is that pop of color you could pair with any of the other three shades if you were to do an accent nail or two.

I do love the formula of LCN polishes -- I think they go on really well and are long lasting. Pretty much all the shades in the Homecoming collection could have been opaque in one coat, with the exception of Berry Punch, which would need two coats to look its best. I love how these go on and how they dry down to a glossy finish. I do find the cream shades dry down more glossy than the metallic shade.

I did rate this a 4 out of 5 Kisses, but that rating is based solely on color selection. I wasn't that wow'd by the shade selection -- it wasn't anything I didn't really have in my collection already (but then again, I do have an above-average polish collection). However, these polishes would get a 5 out of 5 Kisses for their polish formula!!! Certainly worth the purchase if you want/need these shades because the formula is beautiful, but if you already own shades exactly like these then you may want to skip this LCN Trend Box and go for another.

I know LCN polishes aren't the easiest to find - which is why ordering directly from the website is sometimes just the best route. I think I may have seen some of LCN polishes at one point at TJ Maxx, but it was a long time ago and I can't be certain - doesn't hurt to look for these when you're there, although you're more likely to find older collections than anything new at TJ Maxx. I also just realized that LCN makes makeup, mens products and some other goodies - so I might have to try some of those products out as well, seeing as how much I enjoy the formulation of their polishes!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this polish collection? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)