February 10, 2014

Mirabella - La La Lips Velvet Lip Pencils in shades Sweet & Blush - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

Mirabella has come out with their La La Lips Velvet Lip Pencils. I have two shades to share with you in this post: Sweet and Blush. I personally love the shade Blush more, but they are both gorgeous shades that will wear beautifully into the spring and summer seasons. Check out all the product info below, along with my full review, after the pics!

Mirabella La La Lips Velvet Lip Pencils
Shades: Sweet, Blush
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.

















Mirabella La La Lips Velvet Lip Pencil
Shade: Sweet











Mirabella La La Lips Velvet Lip Pencil
Shade: Blush








Mirabella La la Lips Velvet Lip Pencil Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $23.00 (0.081 oz full size). Available on the Mirabella website, on the Blush.com website, and everywhere else Mirabella products are sold.
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

Creamy, moisturizing lip pencil with fluid-like texture glides on creating a flawless satin finish with intense, long-wearing color. Berry Flux Vita ingredients preserve skin suppleness, elasticity and tone.

Currently available in six shades:
  • Blush
  • Sweet
  • Love
  • Pop
  • Red
  • Rose

I really like both shades that I have. The shade Sweet is a pinky-orange coral, no shimmer. The shade Blush is a gorgeous hot pink with a fuchsia undertone. I'd also be interested in trying shades Rose and Pop.

I have really bad dry lips year round, and I find that if I wear these Velvet Lip Pencils on their own that my lips feel way too dry. I need to wear a lip balm underneath or I don't like the way they feel on my lips. They're supposed to be moisturizing but my lips just didn't get that benefit of them - but your lips may be better than mine. When my lips are nicely moisturized these look great on.

They swatch really creamy smooth, and they do glide onto the lips beautifully smooth and even with full color pigmentation. They're really easy to control the application, as the tip isn't overly large. My only complaint is they're not a twist-up or retractable, so you'll need to sharpen these - and for me, that's a big downer for a lip product because I don't tend to carry around a sharpener for my lip products in my makeup bag. However, I know a lot of people don't mind that at all - I just think their packaging could be upgraded in the future to a retractable or twist-up.

For me, they're not super long wearing like a stain would be but they don't wear off right away either. I'd say I can easily get a good 2 to 4 hours depending what I eat or drink.

I think the shade selection is gorgeous, and I do like the finish - of course if you want a glossy lip you could put a lip gloss on top but sometimes it's nice to stay more matte. Would recommend if you want a pop of pretty color with a satin matte finish.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these lip pencils? Which shade do you like better? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

1 comment:

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)