March 12, 2014

Anokha Skin Care - Amla Skin Brightening Lotion

Hello, Beautiful!

If you've followed my blog for the past several months, then you may have noticed that I've been raving about several Anokha Skin Care products. For some reason my skin just loves everything that I've tried from them! I'll list my other Anokha Skin Care reviews below if you want to check them out, but in this post it's all about their Amla Skin Brightening Lotion. Check out all the product info, along with my full review, after the pics!

Anokha Skin Care - Red Sandalwood & Neem Clarifying Facial Masque
Anokha Skin Care - Oatmeal Cleansing Milk
Anokha Skin Care - Rice & Bamboo Facial Scrub



Anokha Skin Care
Amla Skin Brightening Lotion

  

 


 



 



Anokha Skin Care Amla Skin Brightening Lotion Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $65.00 (1.7 fl oz full size). Available on the Anokha Skin Care website, at Dermstore, and everywhere else Anokha Skin Care is sold; click here for retailers.
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses

Product Info...

This is their best selling product! The formula has been improved and the packaging has been changed to an airless bottle, which flows smoothly. If you've had the original and loved it, you'll go crazy for it now.

Hydrates skin, while lightening hyper pigmentation to promote a clear, radiant complexion. This unique lotion combines amla fruit with extracts of daisy, mango seed butter, licorice root, and hibiscus to gently brighten the skin while reducing uneven skin tone.  The result is smooth, supple, even-toned skin.

Best results will be seen in 6 to 8 weeks. Suitable for all skin types.

To Use: Apply a small amount of lotion to damp skin after cleansing and toning. Use twice daily.



My Review...

If I already love everything I've tried from this brand, then why not try their best selling product?! This is the perfect product for anyone with hyper pigmentation (hello, me!) who want to even out their skin tone.

This could be a replacement for your moisturizer, or depending on your skin type, used under your moisturizer. I look at this as more of a treatment product rather than a moisturizer. In the morning, I will wash/scrub my face, then tone, then apply my serum that I'm currently using (which at the moment is L'Oreal's Youth Code Texture Perfector Serum), then I'll apply this product, and finally, I'll apply my moisturizer, followed by my eye cream. At night I just do basically the same thing. Keep in mind my skin has been very combo to dry, so the extra moisture is what my skin needs at the moment, which is the only reason I apply a moisturizer on top - but you certainly could skip your moisturizer, especially if you have oily skin. This will hydrate your skin, so try it both ways and see what you prefer. Some days I do skip my moisturizer in the morning and just use this. If you have combo skin and want some extra moisture just at night then you could use this as your moisturizer in the morning and then at night use this followed by whatever moisturizer you're currently using.

This product has a light citrus scent, and typically I'm not a fan of citrus scents because a lot of them lean towards an orange scent (which I can't stand) but this one leans more on the lime side and I actually like it. The texture is thin and smooth, and it absorbs quickly. After application my skin doesn't feel sticky at all.

I'm not the best with keeping a consistent schedule with skincare products; as a beauty blogger I try a lot of things out because I enjoy doing that, so I'm constantly switching it up. But with that said, since using this I have noticed that my hyper pigmentation seems to be fading a bit. I notice it less and less. I certainly still have it, but I have a lot of product left in this tube to go through. So far, so good!



Final Thoughts...

If you're looking for an easy and effective way to fade hyper pigmentation and even your skin tone, then this is an excellent product to check out. It does double duty as treatment for your hyper pigmentation/uneven skin tone, as well as a moisturizer. I've loved every Anokha Skin Care product I've tried, and this one is no exception - love it too!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this product? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)