March 13, 2014

Madison Street Beauty Eyeshadow - 10 shades - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I am really excited to share with you this post, and I want to start off by saying that these shades are way prettier in person than my camera could capture. I have ten shadows from Madison Street Beauty, and when I opened up the package I was instantly in love with how gorgeous the shades looked! It was one of those products that make me want to use them right away before I ever photograph them, but of course for my blog I like to photograph everything before I use them to get those "product perfect" photos, but I had a hard time waiting to try these out. Like I said at the start, every shade is way prettier in person than in the photos. Not only are the shades pretty (and there are many shades to choose from, so if these 10 aren't your style you should check out the website), but they're also really affordable. Check out all the product info, along with my full review, after the pics!

At the time I wrote this post, the Regular size jars are on sale for just $2.00 each and the Large size jars are on sale for $3.60 each! Shipping is really affordable too -- I just placed an order for 12 more shades and shipping was only $2.99!!!!

Madison Street Beauty Eyeshadow
Shades: Champagne Taupe, Smoky Quartz, Golden Shimmer, Bare Bronze, Dulce de Leche, Goddess, Bluebonnet, Storm, Haze, Geode
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.










Madison Street Beauty Eyeshadow
Shade: Champagne Taupe







Madison Street Beauty Eyeshadow
Shade: Smoky Quartz







Madison Street Beauty Eyeshadow
Shade: Golden Shimmer







Madison Street Beauty Eyeshadow
Shade: Bare Bronze







Madison Street Beauty Eyeshadow
Shade: Dulce de Leche







Madison Street Beauty Eyeshadow
Shade: Goddess







Madison Street Beauty Eyeshadow
Shade: Bluebonnet







Madison Street Beauty Eyeshadow
Shade: Storm







Madison Street Beauty Eyeshadow
Shade: Haze








Madison Street Beauty Eyeshadow
Shade: Geode





Madison Street Beauty Eyeshadow Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $4.99 for the Regular size (1 g/0.035 oz) or $8.99 for the Large size (2.5 g/0.088 oz). Available on the Madison Street Beauty website and on their Etsy shop.
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses

Product Info...

Each mineral eye shadow is highly pigmented, resists creasing and blends easily with a silky feel. All Madison Street Beauty eye shadow colors are formulated with natural ingredients. They don't test on animals and they offer a large collection of vegan cosmetics.

Each come shrink wrapped in 10 gram jars with a sealed sifter inside. The amount of mineral powder in the jar is based on weight, not volume. Some of the minerals are light and some are much heavier, so you may find that the level of powder in a jar may differ by a large amount visually. They make a point to over-fill jars so you'll find that many items are filled with more powder than specified and all items have the correct amount of powder inside or more.

There are a bunch of colors to choose from - I think close to 200, if not more!

I will list the shades I have below, along with their description from the Madison Street Beauty website:
  • Champagne Taupe - a sheer champagne beige with white shimmer
  • Smoky Quartz - metallic bronze toned brown color, sheer with bright white shimmer
  • Golden Shimmer - a rich champagne gold, shimmery and opaque
  • Bare Bronze - a shimmery and opaque neutral bronze
  • Dulce de Leche - an opaque and shimmering golden brown with a metallic finish
  • Goddess - very shimmery and sheer metallic Tiffany blue with silver shimmer
  • Bluebonnet - a deep royal blue with high sheen
  • Storm - a dark blue-black with bright blue shimmer
  • Haze - a smoky and glamorous dark purple-brown color with taupe undertones, sheer and extremely shimmery
  • Geode - a sheer dark purple with black undertones and bright shimmer


My Review...

I love loose shadows like these because I find I get more use of them. You can apply them dry, wet, over a shadow primer or other base (like a cream shadow or cream shadow pencil). I also find they last forever - I have yet to use up one completely (not just these, obviously as they are newer to my collection, but any loose shadow - even samples). So I feel you get great value for what you pay -- especially because these are already really affordable.

When I opened my package and saw these shades in person I was so in love - they were GORGEOUS! The pigmentation varies from shade to shade; some are a bit more sheer but they all look great over primer and can be built up.

Here are my thoughts on each shade I have:

Champagne Taupe: This is my FAVORITE shade out of them all, because I find it to be a gorgeous neutral that looks great all over the lid on its own with just some simple liner and mascara, or great in combination with other shades. It really is a gorgeous shade, and although it is a bit sheer when applied bare, I almost always use some sort of shadow primer or other base so I never have an issue with it being too sheer. When applied over a primer it becomes deeper in tone and takes on more of the taupe shade, where as when applied bare it takes on more of the champagne shade. Either way, I LOVE this shade and if you like neutral champagnes and taupes, then THIS is the shade for you!

Smoky Quartz: This is my third favorite of the ten I have. It is a bit sheer on its own, but applied over primer is when it really comes to life and is a gorgeous rich bronze brown with shimmer. Pairs really great with Champagne Taupe!

Golden Shimmer: This was described on their website as a "rich champagne gold, shimmery and opaque". While I agree it is more opaque then some of the other shades, I don't know if I would necesarrily call this a champagne gold. I find it to be more of an antique gold - especially when swatched over primer. To me, it seems to have some green in it which gives it more of an antique gold look. What I like about it is it's unlike other golds I have in my collection.

Bare Bronze: This is one of the more opaque shades, and it described as a "shimmery and opaque neutral bronze". I don't think there is anything neutral about this - it's definitely an orange bronze. Maybe I want to see more brown to my bronze for it to be neutral, but this is definitely an orange bronze. Would be a great option for those that want to try orange shadow but don't want to go all-out orange, as this will still lean towards bronze.

Dulce de Leche: This was another one that is more opaque, especially over primer. This is a true caramel brown shade, hence the name Dulce de Leche. It's a pretty neutral that looks great all over the lid or as an accent shade.

Goddess: This is described as a "very shimmery and sheer metallic Tiffany blue with silver shimmer", which is why I wanted to get it because I was thinking that Tiffany blue shade would look gorgeous as an accent liner. I still think this is a pretty shade, but I think it pulls more green undertones when applied over primer, rather than that Tiffany blue. If you wanted more of a Tiffany blue I would recommend not applying over a primer. Still a really pretty shade!

Bluebonnet: This is another shade I wanted to get to use as an accent liner. I was thinking this would be an amazing shade for that - especially with my brown eyes. This is described as "a deep royal blue with high sheen", and I'd say that's pretty true although not really a deep shade, it's certainly bright. It's also more sheer than I thought, but really pops over a primer! This looks great as an accent liner - and of course if you're bolder you could use this all over the lid.

Storm: This was a nice opaque shade that swatched out a lot lighter than I thought. It looks dark in the jar but that bright blue shimmer that is in it really comes out when you use this. This looks gorgeous applied on the outer corner to add a pop of color (apply over black to really make it special), or as an accent liner. Love it!

Haze: This is my second favorite shade of the bunch, and it's because it's the most sparkly of them all! It's described as "a smoky and glamorous dark purple-brown color with taupe undertones, sheer and extremely shimmery" - I actually didn't find it all that sheer. I found it more opaque than others and it was extremely shimmery like they say. I was in love with that, as I'm all about the shimmer! It's a really unique shade - a mauve-purple with loads of shimmer is how I would describe it. Really gorgeous if you want to sparkle!

Geode: This is described as "a sheer dark purple with black undertones and bright shimmer" - but I find it takes on two different shades of purple depending on if you apply it bare or over a primer.  Apply it bare and it's a bit sheer and more bright in tone, more true purple in color. When applied over a primer it takes on a deeper hue, and almost with a blue undertone to it. Either way, it's a pretty purple shade.


My top three shades are Champagne Taupe, Haze, and Smoky Quartz. Those are the three I'd recommend the most out of the ten I have. Not saying I don't like the other shades, because I do, but those are the three that I'd recommend if you don't know where to start.

I did just place an order for 12 more shades: Bond Girl, Tan Beige, Silk Taupe, Iced Latte, Ganache, Fairy Tale, Copper, Cinnamon Sugar, Chocolate Fondue, Champagne Truffle, Champagne and Cacao. I'll do another post on those shades once they come in. They are all neutrals, but I use neutrals the most.



Final Thoughts...

This is another great, affordable makeup brand that I'm loving. These eyeshadows are very pretty, so much so that I went back to order 12 more shades! Some of the shades are on the sheer side, so if you're looking for intense pigmentation from every single shade then you're not going to get it, but as you can see in the swatch photos of each shade, they all apply richly over a shadow primer. I'd recommend!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these shadows? Which shade is your favorite? Have you tried this brand or are these on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the lovely swatches and thoughts. I am thinking of getting some eyeshadows from them so it totally helps. I'm trying to buy the more opaque ones too because I noticed a huge difference without primer in your swatches. That difference will definitely make me want to wear primer with these.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)