March 28, 2014

Pure Fiji - Coconut Sugar Rub in Coconut, Mango - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

Back in October I posted a review on the Pure Fiji Coconut Milk Shampoo & Coconut Creme Conditioner. I loved them and have since completely used them up! I've had some mini's of some of their body products and sort of completely forgot to post reviews on them, but since I recently used them up I thought I'd get reviews up! In this post I have the Pure Fiji Coconut Sugar Rub, which I have in scents Coconut and Mango. I'll have a review on the Coconut Body Butter and Coconut Body Lotion coming soon as well. Check out all the product info on the Coconut Sugar Rub, along with my full review, after the pics!

Pure Fiji Coconut Sugar Rub
Scents: Coconut, Mango











 


Pure Fiji Coconut Sugar Rub Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $44.00 (15.5 oz full size). Available on the Pure Fiji website, at Dermstore, and everywhere else Pure Fiji products are sold. Click here to find a retailer near you.
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses

Product Info...

Discover the South Pacific secret to beautiful skin with this amazing two in one treatment. With naturally occurring alpha hydroxy agents in raw sugar cane, and the deep moisturizing and nourishing properties of cold-pressed virgin coconut and drift nut oils, this natural body polishing treatment enhances your skin's own natural rejuvenation process for glowingly beautiful skin.

Fresh sugar cane crystals manually exfoliate while naturally occurring alpha hydroxyls gently buff away aging skin cells, polishing your skin clean and uncloging pores. The deep moisturizing blend of oils nourish, moisturize and protect your beautiful skin leaving it glowingly healthy.

Available in 11 scents: Coconut, Mango, Gingerlilly, Pineapple, Passionflower, Starfruit, Fangipani, Coconut Milk & Honey, Island Bliss, Orange Blossom and Guava.

Key Ingredients: fresh sugar cane, cold pressed virgin coconut oil, and exotic nut extracts.

Usage: Ideal for all skin types. Use 2 to 3 times per week to keep skin healthy and glowing. Always apply to wet skin.

TIP: Their most versatile product, this extraordinary two-in-one exfoliating product is excellent for all-over body use or in memorable manicures and pedicures. For younger looking and glowing skin, use the sugar rub over whole body twice a week.

TIP: While in the shower, step back from the water or turn off and apply 1 scoop evenly over body massaging in until it turns to honey. Leave on for 10 minutes for maximum benefit, then rinse.



My Review...

I really loved these body scrubs! I have a body scrub obsession; if you search for body scrubs on my blog you'll see many, many reviews. I really can't get enough of them! I've tried a range of body scrubs from drugstore to indie brands to high-end, and I really did love the Pure Fiji Coconut Sugar Rub! It stood out from other scrubs I've used, mostly for the scent, but it did a great job at exfoliating too.

I only have the travel size versions, which are 2 oz each, so I did use them sparingly - which is why it took me awhile to use them up, because I loved them so much that I'd use them and then not want to use them again because I didn't want to run out! The full sized version is a bit pricey at $44 for 15.5 oz. They do say you get 15 to 18 uses from a full sized jar, but that's still about $2.50 to $3.00 each time you use it. For me, this is definitely a luxury product.

I have two scents, Coconut and Mango. They both smell really good. If you love tropical scents that are true tropical scents - not that artificial smell or sunscreen smell - then you'd really love the Pure Fiji line of scents.

I did notice that the Coconut one was a bit drier in texture at the top, it seemed like the oils had sunk to the bottom. Where as the Mango one was evenly distributed and looked wetter. You can see what I'm talking about in the photos. However, you can easily incorporate the oils into the sugar, so that wasn't a big issue to me - as I've found this is something that happens with several body scrubs.


Final Thoughts...

Pure Fiji is a luxury brand, and if you're okay with the $44 price tag for a body scrub, then I would absolutely recommend this one. It feels great, smells wonderful, and leaves your skin soft and smooth! They do sell travel kits on their website, and some do (or at least did) include the mini sizes of this scrub, along with other products, so that may be a way to try out a few products from the line before committing to the full size.


Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this product? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite body care lines! Coconut is my favorite scent, followed by pineapple.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)