September 13, 2015

Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in shades Epatant and New Moon

Hello, Beautiful!

If there is one thing I can't get enough of when it comes to eye makeup, it's shimmer/glitter. I don't care if I'm 31 and still wear shimmer and glitter on my eyes; life is too short, sparkle is too pretty - I'm going to wear the sparkle! And one way to get that gorgeous sparkle, without the fallout, is with Chanel's Illusion D'Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadows.

After seeing a swatch of the shade New Moon, I immediately - and I mean IMMEDIATELY (I paused their video) went to the Nordstrom website and ordered New Moon. When it arrived in the mail it was everything I had hoped for, and I couldn't stop wearing it.

I wanted to get more shades, but without seeing them in person I couldn't be too sure. Since I was at a Chanel counter, I swatched them all and decided on just one, the shade Epatant (and I keep wanting to call it elephant). So you will see the shade Epatant in the pics as a brand new, un-touched product (still with its box), and then you'll see a comparison and swatches of New Moon next to Epatant, and New Moon has been used a bunch.


Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Info & Review
Cost: $36.00 (0.14 oz full size)
Availability: Available on the Chanel website, at Nordstrom, and everywhere else Chanel beauty is sold.
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!

Chanel - Illusion D'Ombre
Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow
Shade: 84 Epatant, 97 New Moon

 







They have a soft, squishy texture. It can be crumbly if you push too hard, or pick up too much product with your finger (or brush) and try to apply to your eyes.


Here are three swatch pics showing how the color shifts and the light it reflects.





New Moon compared next to Epatant....

New Moon is gorgeous. It is a brown with burgundy and multi-colored shimmer. Really eye-catching, and light-catching. Looks beautiful on its on, as a pop of shimmer on the center of the lid, or even as a liner.

Epatant is a gorgeous mix of gray, silver, taupe and green. I can't even describe it, but it's beautiful! Certainly in the photos of it unused it looks more green, but when swatched it pulls more of those gray tones out.


Both shades have gorgeous shine to them. Both can be sheered out or built up. And both are going to be worn out in my collection! I want more, but it's hard to justify spending $36 a pop, especially when I swatched some of them and they seemed easy to find a drugstore or lower cost dupe. There were even a few that I thought I could dupe right away with products I already had in my collection. Some weren't even very sparkly, which made them even less alluring for me. However, New Moon and Epatant are shades unique to my collection. I can't find any exact dupes, but I'm sure someone, somewhere, has dupes for them.



Here are three swatch pics, showing how the shades shift and the shine they reflect.





Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these two shades? Have you tried them, or would you consider adding them to your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below!

xoxo with love & beauty,
Crystal Valentine

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! These eyeshadows are so pretty. Love the color and shine. I think I will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)